Game Over Incorporated
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for my gamer friends and their gamer friends to hang out and converse.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

PbP D&D Game

Go down 
3 posters

Take Your Pick!
Basic "Adventure-Adventure" D&D
PbP D&D Game I_vote_lcap75%PbP D&D Game I_vote_rcap
 75% [ 3 ]
Town Builder
PbP D&D Game I_vote_lcap0%PbP D&D Game I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
End of Days
 0% [ 0 ]
Into the Void
 0% [ 0 ]
Chrono Trigger
PbP D&D Game I_vote_lcap25%PbP D&D Game I_vote_rcap
 25% [ 1 ]
Other (Describe Below)
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 4

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Loki
Grand Master
Grand Master
Loki

Character Sheet
Char: Loki Letheren
Level: 999
HP:
PbP D&D Game Left_bar_bleue99999/99999PbP D&D Game Empty_bar_bleue  (99999/99999)

PbP D&D Game Empty
PostSubject: PbP D&D Game   PbP D&D Game I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 6:48 pm

Ok everyone, I need opinions on what kind of game you want me to run on the forum. Start giving me your idea for what kind of game you want to play in and we'll go from there. If you don't have any ideas, just ignore this post. I'm up for just about anything so even if the idea is far-fetched or strange, throw it out. Here's some of the current idea's I've been formulating:

Basic D&D - Just a basic adventure-type game, the group will meet under unlikely circumstance and embark together on their first quest, which will, in turn, lead them to later quests.

Town-Builder - Your group has been hired to help start a new town! The decisions you make will impact what kind of a town it is, special events that happen there, ect.

End of Days - A traditional "save the world from the apocalypse" type game where you must stop armageddon by tracing along a story and fighting the big bad guy at the end.

Into the Void - A rather radical game, the players are sucked into a strange new realm and have to find their way out! Lot's of very very fantasy settings like a tube-shaped world, cities that float in the sky, and artifacts that alter reality.

Chrono Trigger - A game based on manipulating the events of times past, and future to restore your world and save it from creating the ultimate paradox. (Not literally based on the game)

I figure if no one comes up with one, I'll just pick one and go with it, but I'd like peoples' input if possible.

Last edited by Loki on Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:18 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://game-over-inc.omgforum.net
Darian
Darian

Character Sheet
Char: Darian
Level: ??
HP:
PbP D&D Game Left_bar_bleue0/0PbP D&D Game Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

PbP D&D Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: PbP D&D Game   PbP D&D Game I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 10:17 pm

I'm going to be very helpful with this! I'd be happy with just about any of those, but since I know you're not exactly looking for that...here goes:

1) Basic D&D - Always a good way to kick things off.

2) End of Days - Albeit, I would like to be the one with his hand over the "Big Red Button". Twisted Evil

3) Into the Void - It sounds interesting as a setting, so I'm intrigued as to what could be done with it.

4) Chrono Trigger - Much like Into the Void it sounds interesting. I've never played the game so I really wouldn't know how it would be anyways! Razz

5) Town-Builder - Once again, it sounds interesting. In this case it sounds somewhat confined though, but I imagine the focus would be put on interactions here.

As an aside, I'd love to be able to pull some inspiration from the Iron Kingdoms setting (see here: http://www.privateerpress.com/ironkingdoms/default.php) for a character I may create as I really do enjoy the "Full Metal Fantasy" they present.
Back to top Go down
Loki
Grand Master
Grand Master
Loki

Character Sheet
HP:
PbP D&D Game Left_bar_bleue99999/99999PbP D&D Game Empty_bar_bleue  (99999/99999)

PbP D&D Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: PbP D&D Game   PbP D&D Game I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 10:21 pm

I'm pretty leniant when it comes to foreign materials as long as it's not completely deranged or is clearly over-powered. Most WotC-Sanctioned materials is already allowed, and this Iron Kingdoms site looks pretty legit too, so I would imagine that I would allow them. Just let me look over things you want to pull and make sure I know if it has any particular kinds of "special conditions" or something of that nature.
Back to top Go down
Loki
Grand Master
Grand Master
Loki

Character Sheet
HP:

PbP D&D Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: PbP D&D Game   PbP D&D Game I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 10:26 pm

I added a poll for the game ideas, so you can vote on which game you feel would be more fun to play. You also have the ability to do multiple votes, but please, if you do so, don't vote for more than 2 games.
Back to top Go down
Warsor
Newcomer
Newcomer

Character Sheet
Char: Warsor Chant
Level: 1
HP:
PbP D&D Game Left_bar_bleue1/1PbP D&D Game Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)

PbP D&D Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: PbP D&D Game   PbP D&D Game I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 10:29 pm

Mmmmm Chrono's trigger.
Back to top Go down
Darian
Darian

Character Sheet
Char: Darian
Level: ??
HP:
PbP D&D Game Left_bar_bleue0/0PbP D&D Game Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

PbP D&D Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: PbP D&D Game   PbP D&D Game I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 10:30 pm

I will take a look a good look at it then. I know a few things may be difficult to transfer over (Resurrection basically doesn't happen, magical items aren't as potent but are more plentiful as "mechanika", and higher technology) but there should still be a few good things that could be stolen lovingly borrowed.

I'll get back to you on that in a bit. Smile
Back to top Go down
Loki
Grand Master
Grand Master
Loki

Character Sheet
HP:

PbP D&D Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: PbP D&D Game   PbP D&D Game I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 9:17 pm

I'm seeing 3 to 1 on Basic VS Chrono Trigger, so I'll leave the poll open for one more day. After that, we'll go with the highest scorer. I'll be making the pages for the game soon after so be thinking about what you want to play as.
Back to top Go down
Loki
Grand Master
Grand Master
Loki

Character Sheet
HP:

PbP D&D Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: PbP D&D Game   PbP D&D Game I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 6:30 pm

At about 8 PM (it's currently 4:30 Mountain Time, so in about 3 and a half hours) I'll be closing down the poll and getting the forum ready for the game. Those of you who want to play, get a move on if you haven't voted yet.
Back to top Go down
Loki
Grand Master
Grand Master
Loki

Character Sheet
HP:

PbP D&D Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: PbP D&D Game   PbP D&D Game I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 10:18 pm

Kay so the vote is still 3 to 1 and it's now 8:15, so looks like we're going with a basic adventure-adventure D&D game. Like Darian said it's a good way to start out a new forum so everybody have characters ready, we'll be starting at level 6. I'll have more info posted soon, so keep watch on the D&D game forum.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PbP D&D Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: PbP D&D Game   PbP D&D Game I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

PbP D&D Game
Page 1 of 1