A place for my gamer friends and their gamer friends to hang out and converse.

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Left 4 Dead!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Samage
Newcomer
Newcomer

PostSubject: Left 4 Dead!   Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:56 pm

I know some of you might play this on Xbox 360 but I play it on PC and was wondering if anyone else here does?

And just general q's for anyone who plays it: Which do you prefer to play, campaign, versus or survival? What's your fave map? Who's your fave survivor/special infected? How does it rate for you against other zombie games (since this is the only one I have, I'm wondering what other ones are similar/better so I can look into those)? Best/worst in-game moment?

I'll go ahead and answer some of my own questions. I prefer to play versus because I love competing, but if I have a good group of friends playing expert campaign I'll join them. Sometimes me and my one buddy will play normal campaign and just race each other to the safe house (I'm not very good at that tongue ). I rarely play survivor because it takes a really cohesive team and I don't really have 3 other people I can count on to all be online at a given time to work as a team. My favourite map is currently Death Toll, I can't really explain why but I really like The Church map, it's very difficult to get to the end on versus. My favourite survivor is Zoey because she's a college chick who loves watching horror movies (sound familiar?) and my favourite special infected is the Smoker - he's a bastard on the Dead Air map.

My best in-game moment was when me and a buddy were the only ones left alive on our team right near the beginning of the map (No Mercy - the sewers) and we managed to make it all the way to the end alive. I don't know whether we were fricken awesome or the other team sucked balls but we were so surprised to make it, we thought we were done for, for sure! Worst in-game moment was watching somebody get smoker-pulled through the elevator doors in No Mercy - The Hospital RIGHT as they were closing. There was nothing we could do. Sad
Back to top Go down
Loki
Grand Master
Grand Master

Character Sheet
Char: Loki Letheren
Level: 999
HP:
99999/99999  (99999/99999)

PostSubject: Re: Left 4 Dead!   Sat Jul 18, 2009 4:42 pm

My friends and I play it on X-Box 360, but I've never played it on PC. Friend of mine has and he said it was a lot better (I kinda figured. Most things are better on PC Razz Mods for the win!)

I like just playing campaign mode really. I always play as Zoey >.>

As far as special undead, hmmm, probably the Hunter. I like tearing the guts out of peoples afro

Best in game moment? One-shotting the witch when she was coming after me. Great stuff. Don't remember which map, I think it was in some kind of subway. Another of my favorite moments is when I pulled a lever AND hit a car so there was a massive gang of horde. We all died. Funny as hell. Worst moment in the game for me was when I played campaign by myself, decided I was going to see how fast I could run through the level. My pc buddies all died and I was almost to the safe house when suddenly! Smoker. On top of the safe house. Latched onto me and 'hung' me right int he doorway of the safehouse. I was like "Noooooooooooo! RIGHT THERE! NOOOOOOO! AAAH X.X"
Back to top Go down
http://game-over-inc.omgforum.net
Samage
Newcomer
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: Left 4 Dead!   Sat Jul 18, 2009 8:05 pm

The bf agrees that it's better on PC but he thinks all FPS are better because the controls are better (keyboard & mouse > knobbies on controllers). I've also heard that the pubbers on Xbox 360 are way worse than those on the PC but that could be relative. I wish you had it on the PC so we could play together! The only friends I have on Steam are people I've played other games with, I don't have any friends IRL who play. Crying or Very sad

They've only just started releasing mods and user-created maps and such so I haven't had much of a chance to check them out. This also got hampered because of the announcement of L4D2 which pissed off a lot of PC people because the maps will become useless once the new game is released. Mad
Back to top Go down
Loki
Grand Master
Grand Master

Character Sheet
Char: Loki Letheren
Level: 999
HP:
99999/99999  (99999/99999)

PostSubject: Re: Left 4 Dead!   Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:55 am

Well I don't know about 'useless' since I'm assuming they'll be maintaining L4D1's servers and whatnot, so you could still play them. What's the news on L4D2 anyway? Are they keeping the same characters?
Back to top Go down
http://game-over-inc.omgforum.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Left 4 Dead!   

Back to top Go down

Left 4 Dead!
Page 1 of 1